by Kelly Rudolph
You are already a rock star if you are a mom who also works in your own business, a job, or career. You have two full-time jobs plus everything else on your plate. And as you know, rock stars often burn out when they can’t keep up with their demanding life.
Sometimes they disappear for years or decades, only to turn up with a story of how they overdid it and lost their passion, health, and themselves in the process.
Like a rock star, you are responsible for dozens of things every day. Even deciding what to wear or when to fit grocery shopping into your busy day can cause stress that keeps you from being your best.
Just as a rock star works hard to please their fans, you work hard to please those who love, admire, support, and depend on you, friends, coworkers, parents, siblings, significant other, etc.
But what about YOU? Where do you fit on that list? Are you even on it? Or do you wait to see if there is time left over at the end of your day for your own needs. Worse yet, do you wait until you are self-destructing from fear, anger or health issues before you take a break?
The key to being successful in your work and raising confident children at the same time is all about shifting your perspective to focus more on you. I know, it sounds selfish so stick with me here and I’ll explain…
To be at your best, you need to develop core confidence. It is an unshakable belief in yourself regardless of what others say or what’s going on around you.
Core confidence comes when you develop a healthy self-relationship:
- Truly knowing your beliefs and values so you can say “no” to what doesn’t align with what keeps you strong.
- Valuing yourself enough to make guilt-free me-time every day to honor yourself as the deserving woman you are.
- Trusting and following your intuition – your inner guidance system that always leads you in the right direction.
- Keeping your energetic vibration positive to magnetize more of what you want into your life.
- Believing that the entire Universe is conspiring for your success!
There are many empowering aspects of a healthy self-relationship but just from these I mention, can you imagine what your life would be like?
What if you could always feel valuable, loved, intelligent, respected, capable, confident, and on-purpose regardless of other people’s opinions and what’s going on around you?
What kind of coworker or business owner would you be then? What kind of friend, lover, sister, daughter would you be able to be? What kind of role model for your child would you be?
You would be the confident, connected, happy woman, and rock star mom you deserve to be!
A simple first step to developing a Good Self-Relationship:
Take a Me-Time Break because you deserve one, not because you need to use the restroom or refill your coffee cup. Five or ten minutes to yourself (no social media or friendly chit-chat) a few times per day to honor who you are as a woman shows your subconscious mind you value yourself, and sets you up for success.
A few energetically powerful things to do during your Me-Time Break:
- Write down three emotions you want to feel that day. This gives a direct order to your subconscious mind to find situations that produce these emotions.
Otherwise, it’s like going into a restaurant and ordering “lunch” and seeing what shows up.
- Jot down what you love most about the people you admire. These are your values like honesty, sense of humor, integrity, etc. This helps you to make confident decisions about what is and isn’t a good fit for you.
Otherwise, you attract people and situations that are out of alignment with your values and prevent you from feeling truly comfortable and confident.
- Take a few slow, deep breaths imagining yourself inhaling purifying white light that clears your entire body of negative energy and magnetizes the positive energy.
Otherwise, you will absorb and hold on to other people’s negative energy that brings you down and rubs off on your child and others you care about.
So, rock star working mom, you can be the happy, healthy example others follow as they see you step up, step forward, and step into your power as a valuable woman and excellent parent. Five minutes today can get you started.